Welcome to my site! It serves as a central place for links to my writing.
- Writing with Russ: Exclusion Dictionary. November 2016. Emerging Local Government Leaders (ELGL).
- Writing with Russ: Sound of Your Voice. September 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Two Hats Are Better Than One. April 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Who is Doing What to Whom? February 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Is Passive Voice Evil? November 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Webbing. September 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: You’re Always Being Graded. August 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: The Reverse Outline. August 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Takeaways from the Writing Center. July 2014. ELGL.
- It’s the Nature of the Job Search, Not You. July 2014. Mac’s List.
- The Nature of the Job Search. April 2014. ELGL.
Bither-Terry, Russell. 2013. Zero Hunger: The Politics of anti-Hunger Policy in Brazil. Ph.D. dissertation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. ProQuest/UMI 3622304.
- Front Matter (pages i – xvii)
- Chapter 1: Introduction (pages 1-14)
- Chapter 2: Literature Review (pages 15-40)
- Chapter 3: From Theory to Practice (pages 41-80)
- Chapter 4: Reducing Poverty (pages 81-98)
- Chapter 5: Reducing Hunger (pages 99-119)
- Chapter 6: Conclusion and Implications (pages 120-129)
- References (130-139)
Peer Reviewed Publications
Bither-Terry, Russell. 2014. Assessing the Impact of Brazil’s Bolsa Família on Poverty Using Alternative Poverty Measures. Latin American Politics and Society. Vol. 56, No. 4: 143-158. (Gated link, copy available upon request). Accepted version (not gated).
Bither-Terry, Russell. 2011. Remember The Maine! Free Cuba!: An Analysis of Sheet Music from 1898 and its Contemporary Echoes. Canadian Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Studies, Vol. 36, No. 72: 91-110.