- Getting started with federal laws on voting rights. March 2017. LinkedIn.
- My Life in Presidential Terms. January 2017. Emerging Local Government Leaders (ELGL).
- Writing with Russ: Exclusion Dictionary. November 2016. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Sound of Your Voice. September 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Two Hats Are Better Than One. April 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Who is Doing What to Whom? February 2015. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Is Passive Voice Evil? November 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Webbing. September 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: You’re Always Being Graded. August 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: The Reverse Outline. August 2014. ELGL.
- Writing with Russ: Takeaways from the Writing Center. July 2014. ELGL.
- It’s the Nature of the Job Search, Not You. July 2014. Mac’s List.
- The Nature of the Job Search. April 2014. ELGL.
- Acknowledgements section of my dissertation. While related to my research, this is a reflection all the people who helped me get where I am today.
- Writing is like cooking. When I was a tutor at the UNC Writing Center, we had to finish the statement “Writing is like…” Our answers served as our bios on the staff page. This was mine.
- A poem I wrote in 2008 about being robbed at gunpoint after a soccer game while studying Portuguese in a summer program in Salvador, Brazil.
- How your signature can make or break your ballot. October 2016.
- Are you registered to voter? Oregonians have until Oct. 18. October 2016.
- Homeless doesn’t mean voiceless: Vote. September 2016. Street Roots.
- Language assistance available to all voters. September 2016.
- What Oregon’s absentee voters should know about Election Day. September 2016.
- Report from the Task Force on Minority Language Voting Materials. January 2015.